RSS Feed

Billy Cobham - Spectrum

0

19 June 2013 by

Spectrum is the debut album of fusion drummer Billy Cobham, published in 1973 and regarded as one of the most important albums for drummers and the jazz fusion genre.
1972: the "Mahavishnu Orchestra" by John McLaughlin loses the percussionist, who tired of being forced "simply" to chase the acrobatic progressions of the Gibson double neck of the aforementioned, he decided to reverse the roles, forms a band rather than discrete, and starts to force others to follow him.
"I recorded Spectrum when I felt the need to express myself in a way that could not be satisfied by my mere participation in the Mahavishnu Orchestra. At that point in my career was at a crossroads and I tried to take a direction that would have been a reflection of what I was and where I came from. Looking back at that time in my life, I can only say that the path I have chosen as the way of the future made ​​me feel at ease with the past." After having explained the history, now enjoy this genial album!

For Italians:
Spectrum è l'album di debutto del batterista fusion Billy Cobham, pubblicato nel 1973 e ricordato come uno dei più importanti album per i batteristi e del genere jazz fusion.
1972: la "Mahavishnu Orchestra" di John McLaughlin perde il percussionista, che stanco di essere costretto "semplicemente" ad inseguire le progressioni funamboliche della Gibson a doppio manico del sopracitato, decide di invertire le parti, forma una band più che discreta, ed inizia a costringere gli altri ad inseguirlo. "Registrai Spectrum nel momento in cui sentii il bisogno di esprimere me stesso in un modo che non poteva essere soddisfatto dalla mia sola partecipazione all'interno della Mahavishnu Orchestra. A quel punto la mia carriera era ad un crocevia e cercavo di prendere una direzione che sarebbe stata il riflesso di ciò che ero e di dove venivo. Guardando indietro a quel momento della mia vita posso solo dire che il sentiero che ho scelto come strada per il futuro mi ha fatto sentire a mio agio con il passato". Dopo aver spiegato la storia, ora godetevi questo album geniale!

STRATUS LIVE 1976:



TORRENT DOWNLOAD FOR BILLY COBHAM - SPECTRUM

Tracks

  • 1. "Quadrant 4" – 4:20
  • 2.a "Searching for the Right Door" – 6:32
  • 2.b "Spectrum" – 5:09
  • 3.a "Anxiety" – 1:41
  • 3.b "Taurian Matador" – 3:03
  • 4. "Stratus" – 6:40
  • 5.a "To the Women in My Life" – 0:51
  • 5.b "Le Lis" – 3:20
  • 6.a "Snoopy's Search" – 1:02
  • 6.b "Red Baron" – 6:37


Leave a Reply